Monday 26 September 2011

Veena/Thursday 20th April


Roddy didn’t have a tummy ache last night but there wasn’t a problem. We just said ‘good night’ to each other, ever so politely, turned over and went to sleep. Well, I did, I have a vague recollection of Phil taking an age to settle.


Roddy decided to have his sore stomach this morning instead, so I made a doctor’s appointment for the

afternoon. Dr Adams poked around Roddy’s middle, which Roddy found ticklish, and announced that he couldn’t find anything wrong. Fancy!

He will make a consultant’s appointment at the Western.

Roddy is concerned that hospital visits may interfere with the hectic social life he has planned for the summer.

I assured him that by the time he reached the top of the Western’s waiting list he would be 83 years old and wouldn’t have much of a social life left.

Phil has been in a strange mood since he came home from work. I keep catching him looking at me. Is this guilt? If I deprive him will he fly into someone else’s arms? Or was he flying into someone else’s arms previously, which is why he was depriving me?

Who is this someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment